Well once again I am proving that a career as a blogger is not in my future. Apparently my father is the only one with the blogging genes. Have you checked out his blog called Boomers in Africa? Now that is how it is done, my friends!
Anyway, I am excited to announce that the invitations are finally in the mail!
I want to give a HUGE shout out and thank you to our amazing graphic designer, Lisa Derian Macaluso, from Derian Design. Once again she has managed to take our thoughts and inspirations and turn them into an amazing printed piece. Thank you, Lisa!
Another person who deserves a BIG thank you is Rosemary Macaluso, my future mother-in-law, who was instrumental in getting these invitations out the door. Without her blood, sweat, and tears we probably would have sent out an email for our invitation. Thank you, Rosemary!
I want to give a quick reminder about travel and accommodations for the wedding. There are three airports in the Bay Area, San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose. San Jose is the closest airport to Aptos (approx. 40 minute drive) while San Francisco and Oakland are nearly equidistant (approx. 1.5 hour drive). I would recommend that people shop around for the cheapest and most convenient flight and not worry too much about the drive. Car rentals are recommended.
There has also been some confusion about the room blocks, which is understandable given the similarity in their names. The Best Western Sea Cliff is the more affordable of the two options with rooms ranging from $159 - $179 x night. The Seascape Resort is a much higher end option with rooms ranging more in the $300’s x night.
Also, we have provided other affordable options on the invitation including the Best Western Capitola-by-the-Sea, Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, and a couple of others. I definitely encourage everyone to check them out and find a place that is reasonable for you; all are within a short drive to Aptos. If you have any other questions, feel free to email me at meghanmd@gmail.com.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!