Saturday, August 14, 2010

Wisconsin Wedding Inspiration & Flowers

In our LAST trip before our wedding, Joe and I headed to Milwaukee, Wisconsin for the wedding of my first cousin Caitlin to her longtime boyfriend Ben. It was Joey’s first trip to Wisconsin and my first time in a looooong time so we were excited to visit the mid-west and see the Doran cousins!

Caitlin’s wedding was so lovely and she made a STUNNING bride! The ceremony was held in a gorgeous stone chapel complete with window after window of stained glass. I cannot wait to see the photos, as I’m sure they are going to be beautiful. The reception was held at The Legends country club, which is a great event space with scenic views of rolling hills and a golf course.

Being at Caitlin’s reception gave me all sorts of ideas on what we want to do at OUR reception. Putting on any great event, or in this case a wedding, is all about the details. She and Ben put a personal touch on every aspect of the day and it really showed. Congratulations Caitlin and Ben on a fantastic wedding and your new marriage!

Here’s the bad news, organizing all of those little details can be a Herculean task and it pretty much has consumed our lives. The good news is that this part of the planning process can be really fun if you relax and enjoy each experience as it comes.

For example, we headed to the San Francisco flower market on Wednesday with our friend/florist Chelsea to pick out of flowers. It was so amazing to see this whole sub-culture of flower growers and buyers that I didn’t even know existed. There is literally a warehouse the size of a city block filled with flower vendors! We wandered around and picked out the 6-8 varieties that will comprise our floral décor at the wedding as well vases and containers for the centerpieces. I’m not going to give it all away but I’ll give a hint, our focal flower for the wedding is going to be the dahlia. ☺





Finally, we’re receiving RSVP cards in the mail! Thanks to everyone who has sent them in, they are really fun to get and read. I can’t believe this all really happening!

Bye for now, back to planning….